The mark of responsible forestry.
GreenerPrinter has obtained certification in accordance with the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Chain of Custody Standards. The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is a nongovernmental, non-profit organization that promotes the responsible management of the world's forests. By adhering to practices listed in our FSC certification, we are a vital link in a "chain of custody" which ensures that forest products (in our case, paper) can be traced from their final manufactured product all the way back to the well-managed forests from which the raw materials were harvested.
About the Chain of Custody (COC) Certificate
Chain of custody certification provides a guarantee about the production of FSC-certified products. Chain-of-custody is the path taken by raw materials from the forest to the consumer, including all successive stages of processing, transformation, manufacturing and distribution.
From a customer perspective, the FSC label represents a promise that is being made to them. Chain of custody standards are the mechanism FSC has to ensure that 'promise' is delivered.
Operations that have been independently certified for FSC chain of custody certification are eligible to label their products with the FSC logo.
About the Forest Stewardship Council
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an international organization that brings people together to find solutions which promote responsible stewardship of the world's forests.
- FSC is a stakeholder owned system for promoting responsible management of the world's forests.
- Through consultative processes, it sets international standards for responsible forest management.
- It accredits independent third party organizations who can certify forest managers and forest product producers to FSC standards.
- Its trademark provides international recognition to organizations who support the growth of responsible forest management.
- Its product label allows consumers worldwide to recognize products that support the growth of responsible forest management worldwide.
- FSC undertakes marketing programs and information services that contribute to the mission of promoting responsible forestry worldwide.
- Over the past 13 years, over 90 million hectares in more than 70 countries have been certified according to FSC standards while several thousand products are produced using FSC-certified wood and carrying the FSC trademark. FSC operates through its network of National Initiatives in 45 countries.