How to prepare files for full-color printing at GreenerPrinter
Creating a PDF for Greenerprinter
The preferred file format for GreenerPrinter orders is PDF, for several reasons:
- It is a "locked" file format, which can eliminate file variations due to platform, software or version issues.
- It is a compressed file format, which means smaller files and faster upload times.
- It is a single file format, which makes for faster and easier uploads (no need to upload fonts or links separately).
By sending us a PDF you are helping to insure that your job proceeds quickly, smoothly and with no unexpected "surprises."
If you are using our Design Center
to create your file, you can disregard this information as a PDF will automatically be created for you.
If you are using one of the Adobe® Creative Suite® applications and are already comfortable with the PDF creation process, please see the "Quick-Start" instructions below.
If you are a QuarkXPress® user or need more detailed instructions on how to create a PDF from one of the Adobe applications, please click on the appropriate link in the bottom section.
"QUICK-START" PDF Instructions
To create a PDF from any of the Adobe applications (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) follow the instructions below. NOTE:
If you are ordering a "Self-service" product, please use the appropriate template and follow the PDF instructions it contains.
- Save As... (Illustrator/Photoshop) or Export...(InDesign).
- Select PDF as the format.
- Set "Adobe PDF Preset" to Press Quality.
- Set "Compatibility" to Acrobat 6 (PDF 1.5).
- In the "Marks and Bleeds" section (InDesign and Illustrator only), set "Bleeds" to .125 inch on all sides.
- In the "Output" section:
- Set "Color Conversion" to No Conversion.
- Set "Profile Inclusion Policy" to Don't Include Profiles.
- In the "Advanced" section, set "subset fonts..." to 0%.
- Click Save PDF
You now have a "Press Ready" PDF ready to upload to Greenerprinter!
Detailed PDF Instructions