File setup guidelines
How to prepare files for full-color printing at GreenerPrinter
All information is geared toward 4-color output. If your job requires spot color inks or spot varnishes, please submit an online Custom Quote.
NOTE: Please supply Adobe PDF files with all fonts embedded, .125" bleed and high resolution images. Because our software is PDF based, we must convert any other file into a pdf. We accept Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign files, but they may incur additional charges and increase the turnaround time.
Layout and graphics:
- The document size should be equal to the trim size of the final product plus .125" bleed on four sides.
- The page count should be equal to the number of pages printing (a two sided brochure should be a two page pdf).
- Set up large areas of black coverage with the following values: 60% cyan, 40% magenta, 40% yellow, 100% black. Small black text (under 18 pt) and rules (under 6 point) should be left 100% black only.
- If your design requires perforations or folds, please include those lines as removable vector art. You can download standard templates from our website that include folding lines.
- Convert all RGB and spot colors to CMYK using CoatedGRACoL2006.icc profile. Our system also does this automatically, but it's a good idea to do it yourself as it can affect expectations and color accuracy.
- Delete all template layers before saving and uploading files.
- Images should be CMYK or grayscale only.
- Images should be at least 300 ppi (enlargement or reduction will change the effective resolution).
- If you are exporting a file from Photoshop that contains type layers, do not flatten the file.